Whenever I come to Bob’s aid to help him lift something heavy, he will often say, ” Hold whatcha got”, while he maneuvers around to get a better position on whatever heavy object we are attempting to extricate. As I hold what I’ve got, I am the balance point. I stabilize while he strategizes. It’s always been a good teamwork strategy. Now its a good life strategy we are putting to use everyday.
We as a family are holding what we got with my dad; literally, physically, emotionally. My step mom finally told me a couple days ago, its time to just sit and be with him. Forget the fact that us three daughters have been telling her this for the past 6 weeks. I would have preferred she had taken this advice back when he could still speak and move around, but I guess she was holding on to what she had, or at least used to have. Now she is coming to terms with what it really is. I know this is a huge step for her. She needs to hold on to what she’s got right now and let the rest go. The 1000 and 1 tasks on her reams of to do lists are nonsense at this point. Her frantic activity will not slow the inevitable. In the meantime we will hold what we got, for her – we will be her balance point, to the best of our ability.
We spent the morning soaking all the garden. Weather Channel says it will be 104 here for the next three days, they are usually about five degrees lower than our thermometers. We are bracing for +/- 110. Hoping the plants can hold what they got! Not sure we can be the balance point here, we’ll see. Its a dry heat, right?! Here is a glimpse of what is going on in the garden this week…
Hoping that you all are holding what you got, for whatever challenges you and yours may be facing today.
- To The Homeless Woman in Town - June 18, 2016
- When You’re a Mom, It’s the Little Things - May 10, 2016
- Empty Nest and Living Our Dreams - April 30, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday & the Wonder of WordPress - April 26, 2016
- Between the Lines & Turnaround at 50 – You are Not Alone - April 26, 2016
- Bloggers @ Midlife 2016 Conference - April 20, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday - April 12, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday - April 5, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday - March 29, 2016
- Choosing Life with Motorcycle Hair - March 26, 2016