In life we are born to experience a journey.
In the beginning, a separation from our watery world, our comfort. Bursting into a space no longer defined by our mother.
Cold and loud, yet full of wonder. Day by day growing as our eyes and ears, our nose and fingers define it.
And our first steps, so small to the big people, yet grand and exciting for us.
The realization of new smells, colors, sounds, textures and feelings.
Ah yes, feelings. Something we are growing to understand.
Colors of trees, flowers, sky and water. Greens, blues, pinks and purples.
Birds bright yellow, snow so white, sky so blue and the black of night.
And the feelings, not just inner feelings, but of the touch.
Heat from a campfire, cold from a clear running stream, and the softness of new snow.
The human story intertwined with the natural world. Getting older, wiser, stronger. Changing.
For some, our journey takes us to the urban areas. Brick and glass mountains. Crazy, raucous rivers of cars are our colors.
Sirens, motorcycles, helicopters and the crutch of humanity give us our sounds and smells.
And then by the grace of God, we break free and return. To the earth, the mountains, the rivers. To green pastures, flowers swaying in the wind, birds singing to the sky.
And we know we are home.
Our journey has led us back to our refuge, our comfort, our lifeblood.
And here our journey continues, yet different now.
As we slow down, so does the world around us. Our perception honed by the years. We understand now.
Golden waters, golden skies. Fields of grass, once green, now golden in the slow end of a season. Our season. We understand.
Look west and see the golden sunset. Of the day. Of the season. Of our lives.
Yes, life is a journey, a worthy journey for all. For the new ones as they are born, to experience what is here.
And the old alike, as they are born again to experience what is beyond.
So give thanks, often, that we are all born to experience a journey….
- To The Homeless Woman in Town - June 18, 2016
- When You’re a Mom, It’s the Little Things - May 10, 2016
- Empty Nest and Living Our Dreams - April 30, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday & the Wonder of WordPress - April 26, 2016
- Between the Lines & Turnaround at 50 – You are Not Alone - April 26, 2016
- Bloggers @ Midlife 2016 Conference - April 20, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday - April 12, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday - April 5, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday - March 29, 2016
- Choosing Life with Motorcycle Hair - March 26, 2016