Music is an undeniable element in our mission to attract more romance into our lives. If you and your partner don’t have a song that takes you back into your past, you need to get on it now. You need to have one!
Earlier this year, new research was released based on the habits of US Spotify users. It indicated that by age 33, we have pretty much given up listening to new music. Teens are voracious in their need for a steady diet of new tunes, but this tends to drop off throughout our 20’s, as we settle into our more “mature” tastes in our 30’s.
My theory is, we don’t necessarily mature in our tastes, but by the time we hit our 30’s, so much of our lives, especially our romantic lives are tied to music. It reflects our history. Just the hint of a certain song on the radio and we are transported back to an earlier time. Nothing wrong with new music, it just doesn’t always emote the same things in us that older songs do.
Just for fun you ought to Google most romantic songs ever. What are people thinking? Peoples taste in music, of course runs the gamut. Everyone has their own opinion about what is or isn’t romantic.
I would love to hear what songs are tied to romance for you…here are a few of ours, in no particular order:
- Any Patsy Cline song…on our honeymoon in Lake Tahoe, we found our way up to a 1970’s style rotating tiki bar at the top of a hotel that was in process of being renovated. We were the only ones there and there was a piano player who loved him some Patsy Cline. We danced by ourselves for hours. We will never forget that night.
- John Hiatt – Feels Like Rain, just listen to it…I challenge any of you to argue with me on this one.
- John Hiatt – Have a Little Faith in Me
- Marshall Tucker Band – Can’t You See, this was definitely our song in the early days before we were married, he’s singing it to me of course.
- Etta James – Sunday Kind of Love
- Temptations – Ain’t too Proud to Beg…oh yeah, I played this a time or two for him…
- Anything on the Commitments sound track – we were just having so much fun when this came out and we love every single song on it.
- Deana Carter – Strawberry Wine…I do have to confess, we have sang this song out loud after too much wine on the porch, on numerous occasions.
So a funny thing happened while I was reminiscing through songs…Deana Carter will be playing at a tiny venue at Big Bear lake on the 24th and Groupon has tickets! Romance and a bargain! We are so going! See what happens when you make romance an intentional part of your day? More opportunities show themselves! Pay attention people!
- To The Homeless Woman in Town - June 18, 2016
- When You’re a Mom, It’s the Little Things - May 10, 2016
- Empty Nest and Living Our Dreams - April 30, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday & the Wonder of WordPress - April 26, 2016
- Between the Lines & Turnaround at 50 – You are Not Alone - April 26, 2016
- Bloggers @ Midlife 2016 Conference - April 20, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday - April 12, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday - April 5, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday - March 29, 2016
- Choosing Life with Motorcycle Hair - March 26, 2016