I recently came across a blogger and site that really resonated with me; Tammy Kresge of Organize Yourself Skinny®. At first I thought the name sounded a little silly…like how on earth could my closet being neater or my bookshelves being tidier aid in my weight loss journey? But the more I read about it, the importance of organizing weight loss efforts, the more it made sense.
I know for myself, the main thing that derails me every time from sticking to my goal of losing weight is my disorganization in relation to the process.
Its funny because I am actually very organized in other areas of my life…except when it comes to taking care of myself. I can’t tell you how many times I have had good intentions of cooking something healthy for dinner, but we were out of something or there was some other random road block to completing my mission, and in that moment of hesitation we said, screw it, we’re going out. And if we go out, we might as well have a drink! The snowball has been set in motion!
I ordered her eBook a couple days ago, (affiliate) Click here to visit Organize Yourself Skinny., and read it cover to cover in one sitting. There are a few ideas that stand out to me about her program:
- I will not have long term success with haphazard efforts. I have to be intentional.
- Meal prep guidelines are key…My wingin’ it day to day style has not been cutting it. She guides you through prepping meals weekly, monthly or however often it fits your schedule. I have committed to weekly for now.
- Her meal plan food and recipes are all things my family would be willing and able to eat.
- I never even knew there were meal planning sites that will take your menus, your meal plan and create your shopping list for you. And then…once you have a number of weekly plans in the system, you can just pick anyone without having to recreate the wheel. Genius! I have proven myself a lousy wheel maker! I signed up for Plantoeat.com.
- Use the technology available to you. While I have used tracking apps before for calories and exercise, I have never used my calendar to tell me to get my butt to the gym. This seems like a really simple idea, but I like the accountability of it…calendar on my computer, linked to my iPhone, easy to keep up with. Not sure why I never did it before.
- Add my journey to my blog for accountability.
If you are looking for a good, inspiring story to get you motivated, and a way to organize your weightless efforts, check her out!
- To The Homeless Woman in Town - June 18, 2016
- When You’re a Mom, It’s the Little Things - May 10, 2016
- Empty Nest and Living Our Dreams - April 30, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday & the Wonder of WordPress - April 26, 2016
- Between the Lines & Turnaround at 50 – You are Not Alone - April 26, 2016
- Bloggers @ Midlife 2016 Conference - April 20, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday - April 12, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday - April 5, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday - March 29, 2016
- Choosing Life with Motorcycle Hair - March 26, 2016