Just wanted to give you a little insight into where my mind was the day I gave notice…
Last straw conversation with my boss – check!
Gave notice – check!
Made a plan – oops!
The 12th will be my last day. I cannot wait. I can’t pretend anymore I haven’t hated walking in that building every day for a year. I haven’t been able to get more than about five hours of sleep a night since I gave my notice. I wake up playing all the conversations with my boss in my head; what I said, what I should have said. Bottom line is, he was a lunatic and this company is not a good fit for me and my family.
For the first time in my life I have a little money in the bank and can make a decision to cut ties, shake it off and start again. Start again, what does that even mean? To be honest, I stumbled into logistics in the first place, definitely without meaning to make a career of it. But eight years later, here I am. I have an odd back ground, not sure I want to stay in this field. What can you even start over and do at my age? Can you make a turnaround half way through? What would you do if you had a choice?
I always wanted to sell real estate. I even went so far as to get my license in Texas and sold a house. Unfortunately I have never had the time or money to build up a real business. That is actually a choice I could make now. That and write.
I always like to think these things happen for a reason. I can guarantee you working the schedule I was working, I could not have maintained that and actually ever have a chance of being the person I am meant to be. Maybe the experience was really bad for me so that I would venture out and really dig deep into what I need. Maybe so…
- To The Homeless Woman in Town - June 18, 2016
- When You’re a Mom, It’s the Little Things - May 10, 2016
- Empty Nest and Living Our Dreams - April 30, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday & the Wonder of WordPress - April 26, 2016
- Between the Lines & Turnaround at 50 – You are Not Alone - April 26, 2016
- Bloggers @ Midlife 2016 Conference - April 20, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday - April 12, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday - April 5, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday - March 29, 2016
- Choosing Life with Motorcycle Hair - March 26, 2016