From my journal, 04/12/2015
Last day at work, ready to get it over with. Can’t wait to release it. I need to let this go, let this year go. I am anxious to do a number of things truly to right my compass. I feel as though my compass has been broken for a long time. Its time to get it back on track.
Here is my list of things I am going to do this week/month, in no particular order:
- Sign up for RE classes
- Arrange Hawaii trip
- Sign up for yoga classes
- Get help setting up a blog
- Arrange a sister’s weekend with Shelley and Cheryl
- Go back to church
- Write everyday
- Reach out to friends, develop new ones
- Honor my family
- Study meditation and mindfulness
- Take care of myself physically and mentally
- Plan things to do this summer with Bob and the girls
Now, six weeks later, I look back on this list to gauge where I am in my turnaround. Let’s just say, in the past I haven’t been well known for completing my to-do lists. In all fairness, over the past year I haven’t had time to even make a list, let alone check things off of it. But I am very proud to say, I have done every one of the items on this list. I am going to sit back and revel in that a bit ~ Good job me!
In an effort to be mindful and not just busy, I want to consider how this feels.
- I can sleep through the night
- I am happy to wake up (for the first time in a year)
- I have energy and purpose
- I don’t know what is going to happen next but I am not scared, I am hopeful. I have taken as much control as I have in me and I graciously give the rest to God.
- To The Homeless Woman in Town - June 18, 2016
- When You’re a Mom, It’s the Little Things - May 10, 2016
- Empty Nest and Living Our Dreams - April 30, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday & the Wonder of WordPress - April 26, 2016
- Between the Lines & Turnaround at 50 – You are Not Alone - April 26, 2016
- Bloggers @ Midlife 2016 Conference - April 20, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday - April 12, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday - April 5, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday - March 29, 2016
- Choosing Life with Motorcycle Hair - March 26, 2016