So a funny thing has happened this month as a result of talking about romance.
Remember, this is not a natural topic for me…I’m definitely not the queen of romance. Just a lady that has been married a very long time and when I think about things I might want more of in my life, romance is one of those things.
Talking about romance with my husband, talking through the steps, taking action, being intentional; all these things have culminated into a greater sense of connection and trust between us over the past couple of weeks. We’ve always had connection and trust but the busyness of our lives doesn’t always allow us to be intentional in reassuring one another that we still love each other today as much as we did so long ago.
There are a few decisions my husband has been sitting on, things he has been putting off. Through our discussions related to romance over the past two weeks, he is having some breakthroughs as it relates to these other decisions.
My theory is, he knows how loved he is, rain or shine. While we said those words before, he feels it again. With the comfort of knowing I love him anyway, he can go forward and make these choices now; the unintended consequence of simple kindness. Yes!
So, should you take any of my advice that I have given here so far? I don’t know…I do know things will slip through your fingers if you allow them to. One of my husband’s favorite sayings is “Hold what you got.” I intentionally choose to hold what we have.
- To The Homeless Woman in Town - June 18, 2016
- When You’re a Mom, It’s the Little Things - May 10, 2016
- Empty Nest and Living Our Dreams - April 30, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday & the Wonder of WordPress - April 26, 2016
- Between the Lines & Turnaround at 50 – You are Not Alone - April 26, 2016
- Bloggers @ Midlife 2016 Conference - April 20, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday - April 12, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday - April 5, 2016
- Wonderful Wednesday - March 29, 2016
- Choosing Life with Motorcycle Hair - March 26, 2016